2011-10-20

45. Autumn Leaves Star

Finally! I took the leaves I collected on last week's hiking trip out of the book and made some decoration that is actually appropriate for this time of the year. For some reason (which remains unknown to me), that is something I very rarely do. I decorate my rooms with all kinds of stuff and I never care about the season. But now...! I've got an Autumn Star on my balcony door:

 

Initially, I thought about cutting off all the parts that go over the borders, but then I remembered that I actually like a bit of irregularity - after all, how could I make a star out of nature materials and then destroy their natural shapes? That would simply be unnatural... Anyway, I prefere it like this. :)

2 comments:

  1. I think you already know, but: I love it!!! It's so beautiful with the colours and the sun shining through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lena,

    I really love this one, I think it's because I really love leaves and the way light falls through them, and these are some gorgeous leaves :)
    Happy Blogging!

    -Elena from Wild Animal Flowers

    ReplyDelete