2011-10-11

36. Miröchen

First, something I made between yesterday and today: There's a video update on the Human Supernova!

Second, I painted a star today:


Third, I painted some company for the star:

Quite obviously, this is inspired by Joan Miró*. For as long as I can remember, my parents had a Miró print on the wall - first of our living room, then our office room. I first 'learned' about this painter in primary school when we were supposed to do a painting after his style. A friend and I had so much fun with this we kept making more. We called them 'Miröchen' which in German is a kind of diminutive of Miró.

I'm not exactly sure why I did this today. I just felt like painting something again after so many non-painted stars. This was the first thing I rememberd when thinking of ideas I've had before.

*Oh, how I love the name Joan! Juan seems such an ordinary Spanish name - but Joan... :D

1 comment:

  1. Love it!!! Especially the tiny bird in the upper right corner =) (Well, at least I think it is a bird...)
    I love Miró's art. It's so colourful and full of life.

    ReplyDelete