2011-09-25

20. Stars on Canvas

Today, I decided to grab some paint and canvas, go outside into our garden and just start painting. That is something I don't usually do, since my perfectionism is particularly disturbing when it comes to painting on canvas: I'm hardly ever satisfied. This time, however, I desided not to care. The sun was shining, the air was unusually fresh and I felt lighthearted enough to try. I suppose the green all around me inspired me somewhat since it's not a typical colour for me to choose. But I really didn't think much about the whole thing until it was finished. By then, I felt rather comfortable with it.


In the flowers on the gras...
In the flying drops of rain...
In the roaring fire's sparks...
In the velvet sky of night...

...there are Stars.


P.S.: Taking a proper picture was well-nigh impossible... The colours simply wouldn't show. I had to strengthen them a little on the computer and it still looks nothing like the real thing. I'll try again tomorrow when there's still sunlight in the garden, maybe that'll help.


No comments:

Post a Comment