2011-09-19

14. Deep Ecology

I'm still filled with thoughts and emotions from the past weekend's workshop. It is not easy to summarise, but for all the people who are still in search of themselves, and for those who feel like there is something going wrong in this world: Take a look at Deep Ecology (Tiefenökologie), you may find it quite interesting.

A beautiful, appreciative way to learn not to forget the world's well-being over onself, and not to forget ones own well-being over the world - and to realise that there isn't much of a difference between the two.

This star is dedicated to all the people who work to reconnect:


Now I had better abandon this view and look at the world from the inside rather than from the outside, seeing that I am inevitably a part of it.

The world is a seamless coat.

"It is impossible to cut into this network, to isolate a portion of it without it becoming frayed and unravelled at all of its edges. All around us, as far as the eye can see, the universe holds together, and only one way of considering it is really possible, that is, to take it as a whole, in one piece." (Pierre Teilhard de Chardin)

P.S.: I am not the first to cut up the world into odd shapes. With this one I had help from a gentleman named Petermann (1865), though already Leonardo da Vinci may have created a star-shaped map in the 1500s. (Further reading: English / Deutsch)

1 comment:

  1. I love this star! I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend that much. I'm a bit sad that I didn't come as well, but it just didn't fit at the moment.
    I also like the quote very much =)

    ReplyDelete