2012-07-14

311. Blood Star

Yesterday, I spent a wonderful night with friends watching a stage adaption of Mary Shelly's 'Frankenstein'. I had read the book only a few weeks ago and was amazed by how different by how still very appropriate this play was. As there was quite a bit of blood involved (though far less than I had feared when reading the anouncement for the play), I remembered the idea of painting a star with blood... 

Well, as I'm too chicken to deliberately harm any part of my body enough so that it would bleed properly, this became a very small star. But, anyway, I can now officially say that I gave my blood for this project:

 

... using a needle and (eventually, after various tries) my right hand pinky finger.

The longer I look at this, the more I like the way it looks... :)

1 comment: